LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santosh kumar   06 August 2020

Father name differences

In my educational documents my father name is YXZ. So I go through this name in all future correspondence like pancard , adhaar card through a affidavit. But actually in my father documents it is XYZ. recently my father demised. Any future problems. I have no supporting documents with father name XYZ. my education documents are 15 yrs old.


 7 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 August 2020

Continue with the same name as recorded in your testimonials.

You cannot change your deceased father's name in either of the records.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 August 2020

For all purposes, the common ID for any transactions connected with Govt is AADHAR and PAN Card.  If the name of your father is complete there may not be any worry as different people use different orders in words used in a name depending on local practice.

santosh kumar   07 August 2020

vashist sir,
one issue with property transfer. I am alone son(among sisters)of my parents. property owner (sell deed) is my mother. father name differences (xyz or yxz) can hamper in property transfer. can I prefer sell deed from mother side. what can I do

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 August 2020

Such discrepancies are quite common in our country. There need not be any problem at all. If at all any, those could be cured through an affidavit.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 August 2020

The property left intestate behind by your deceased father shall devolve equally between your mother, sisters and yourself, where change of a spelling in the name of your father do not have any weightage /problem.

santosh kumar   08 August 2020

Can a mother having property on her name can do sell deed to her son or not. If Yes then what price

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 August 2020


Each queriest must adhere to the discipline of the forum in posting one issue and all further posts must adhere to that issue alone.

Your present query is:  Can a mother having property on her name can do sell deed to her son or not.

Now you have raised a different issue and none of the members can guide you on the issue as anyone can state what is legal and can not declare what is in other's minds and would be demands of consideration by a seller, even when she is a mother.  A mother like any other citizen can make a sale deed either to her son or anyone she likes for consideration or even gifts it to anyone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More