LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Father in law problem in marriage

Hi. My life has gone through hell after marring egotistic women who have created ruckus in my family. Girls father is the main problem. He is living in state wherein if someone sees they should feel pity and however he has crores of money which I got to know mistakenly later after marriage. He fooled us during marriage discussion that he has no capacity to do marriage.They just gave 2 lakh and i myself borne all marriage expenses which cost around 15 lakhs.. after marriage my wife is giving her father 18k which was not discussed before marriage. I'm opposing it as he has crores of money and if he was really not capable to manage i myself would have taken care of them... I never want anyone of his money. He's constantly involving in our day to day family matters and planting negative thoughts and my wife creating a fights against my sister for silly matters because I'm opposing giving money to her father and she has gone to her father house and her father is calling and telling she won't come back and you guys can do whatever you want. What to do in this situation? She has blocked me on WhatsApp and all other Channels...Can someone plz guide me.. it's mental torture to me..

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 November 2023

Now the problem is with your wife and not her father.

If she is firm and understanding then this problem can be solved easily.

She herself is not interested to continue the married life then you cannot force her..

Her father may have induced her to act against you but why should she listen to her father especially after her marriage with you besides she is not a kid or mentally disabled person, hence you cannot blame her father, instead you may plan to initiate futher legal course of action to bring this turmoil to an end.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     15 November 2023

Try to resolve your personal / egoistic problem amicably either way.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 November 2023

Soon someone may advise you to sent a notice for restitution of conjugaal right s

RCR notice is a time tested tool to compel wife to raise true/false complaint of dowry/domestic violence against husband with family including married/unmarried brother/sisters wit/without their spouse.  This way husband leaves her with no choice but to spoil his family even if she does not want to do so.

This forum is full of such cases where husband with  parents/siblings faced such criminal charges. 

After visiting jails people realise that the situation inside Indian Jails is not as rosy as shown in movies and the cops are also comedians in movies which is not in actual life.

If your story is believed that in your case you father in appears to be expert in deciption.  With such pitiable appearance (as you described) he may convince anyone that he is a poor man unable to pay heavy dowry demand.  this may be enough for snoball against you to be launched.

You wife can very smoothly say that she has legal duty to maintain father and this ws objected by you which amounts to cruelity. she may allege that she left house due to cruelity and that has also not been allowed to pick her jweller. This jwellery allegation lands you in non-bailable charge of section 306/409of IPC.

So you have to be careful the collect evidence against any such ove.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register