Family violence

my father is an non practising advocate.
my father has an alcohol addict.
He often abuses n attempt to bit me my brother n my mother.
after drinking he nodoubtedly abuses my mother n ask her to leave.
it's a yesterday's incident only that under alcohol effect he asked my brother to leave the house n abused him n tried to bit him.
this is mental harassment too.
my Father's family is also supporting him as he is the one who earns for whole family.
now what should we do to get rid of this, is there any law for such violence?

your mother can file a case of Domestic Violence against her husband (for causing mental, emotional, physical and monetary abuse, etc)


share more facts for a detailed revert 


Hello Harmony Panchal don’t worry

The domestic violence act protects women from all kind of violence she is facing at home and in a domestic relationship. The violence faced by a women may be from anyone. Be it her husband/mother in law/father in law/brother/father or even a live in partner. A lady will get protection of the court under Protection of women from domestic violence act.

You can move to a court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate under Section 12 of the Act. The CMM shall order the protection officer to make a domestic incident report and will summon the accused.

You have a right to get maintenance from your father. S. 125 of CrPC stipulates about the maintenance right of wife and unmarried minor daughter.

Please Contact any of the organisations mentioned below


Central Social Welfare Board -Police Helpline

1091/ 1291, (011) 23317004

Shakti Shalini


Shakti Shalini - women's shelter

(011) 24373736/ 24373737


(011) 26853846/ 26524061

All India Women's Conference

10921/ (011) 23389680


(011) 26692700

Joint Women's Programme (also has branches in Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai)

(011) 24619821

Sakshi - violence intervention center

(0124) 2562336/ 5018873

Saheli - a womens organization

(011) 24616485 (Saturdays)

Nirmal Niketan

(011) 27859158

Nari Raksha Samiti

(011) 23973949

RAHI Recovering and Healing from Incest. A support centre for women survivors of child s*xual abuse

(011) 26238466/ 26224042, 26227647




See also




Firstly report the matter to police. Your mother can file case for domestic violence. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x