LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay hiremath   22 June 2023

Family pension eligibility to my father

Sir,After death of my unmarried sister we had submitted family pension papers at BSNL office who inturn now after almost 1 year are now telling that there is no valid document to sanction family pension to my father as dependency is not proved.The following documents are submitted :

1)All relevant forms duly signed.

2)Income certificate,Family tree certificate, Surviving family member certificate wrt my deceased sister issued by local Tahsildar office.

3Dependency certificate ,no employment certificate,IT returns not filed certificate ,affidavit duly notorised in Rs.100 bond as required by BSNL.

It is learnt that my sister has not recommended my father's name in family pension column in pension papers during VRS scheme availed in 2020  nor my father's name is there in BSNL MRS card .She expired in Oct 2021.

I am not knowing further what to do to my father as he retired from NGO n 1995 with a meagre source of monthly income of Rs.3000 or so getting by renting a portion of the house where he is staying.

Kindly guide to get family pension in this scenario.

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 June 2023

Not a legal query.

P. Venu (Advocate)     22 June 2023

Starting with the Attesttion Form, there are number records/documents pertaining to an employee in public service. In the normal course, your father's name would be reflected at least in some of them. Based on them, your father can approach the Central Administrative Tribunal.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 June 2023

Sorry.  As your parents are not dependent on your sister as per the records of BSNL, and your father is an earning member whether it is meager or not and hence you cannot claim.  However, try to approach CAT as advised by the senior expert Sri P. Venu Sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register