25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kishore kumar   28 February 2022

false dowry case

is there any act, law or rule which shows that after certain years of marriage, dowry complaint can not be registered or husband and his family can not be arrest?


 2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     28 February 2022

Your post is not clear.  What is the problem after certain years of marriage, and why the complaint?  There is no guarantee, after certain years of marriage the husband or his family members cannot complain.  There may be certain greedy/harassing people.

Joint Secretary   01 March 2022

Dear Kishore,
दहेज़ का कभी/कंप्लेंट कभी भी वाइफ के द्वारा की जा सकती है , लेकिन अगर किसी भी प्रकार की कोई गंभीर मार पीट नहीं हुई है तो पुलिस हस्बैंड और उसके किसी भी फैमिली मेम्बर को अरेस्ट नहीं कर सकती है

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query