LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous (Service)     10 January 2024

False accusation and desertation

My wife had not moved into our house due to her job in different city. She used to visit for few days in a month. At the time of engagement it was agreed that she will get her job posting in Mumbai by the marriage solemnises.

Within 4-5 months of my marriage, differences arose between my wife and my mother.She stopped talking to me and my mother.

She had temper issues and was of dominating nature.

She also never committed as to when she would get her job transferred citing the reason that she cannot commit anything on behalf of her organisation. 

She and her parents asked to wait till a certain date for transfer. We waited. Then after said date, when I contacted her father, her father sent a letter that she is being harrassed and that if this continues she wants to stay separately. Her father also said that she will not leave her job till retirement and we must adjust to wherever she gets a posting.

After this letter, our families met and discussed the matter and it was decided that the issues are trivial. Surprisingly, after few days of this, I was told to get divorced mutually. Later I got a letter through Advocate having many accusations against me and my mother and at the end asked for divorce through mutual consent.

I responded to the letter, followed up formally also and also tried to connect with my wife and in-laws.

There is no reply. I am feeling I have been harrassed and defamed. Pls suggest can law help me?

Learning

2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     10 January 2024

If you think you cannot proceed in this relationship you can seek divorce; she can also have her weapons of DV and 498A etc. So better to find a compatible solution to proceed or to end the matter

Anonymous (Service)     24 January 2024

Can't an advocate's letter with false accusations be treated as harrasment?

It is very much possible that if I had done this to a lady, I would have been subjected to numerous caaes.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register