LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay Gupta   15 February 2020

Fake domestic violence and mob beating the boys family

Hi, I have been married for 4 years and have a child. I am living in a rural village of Uttar Pradesh due to my parents being alone. My wife has created ruckus by showing to the villagers that we are beating her. The villagers came in the form of mob and almost killed us. It has been proven that the girl created this for her own so that she can leave us and live with her own family. She is threatening us to do the same thing again. Our reputation has been damaged in the village. Is there any way to get out of this relationship because villagers are forcing us to keep her in spite of these incidents. We as a family are now afraid that if she commits anything it will be again us who will be responsible. All I want to know is how to get out of this relationship.


 2 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     15 February 2020

Well, as per law, the villagers or any third party for that matter have no say in your marriage. Rest assured anyone in your village cannot threaten you or your family to do or not do something as it's not legally permissible. If you feel the police authorities in your area cannot protect you, I can only be frank and suggest that you move to a different place. (Purely an opinion, I'd welcome more insights.) As to your wife, you may file for divorce on grounds of cruelty.

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     17 February 2020

Lodge written complaint against a villagers n approach DDDCP of yor area.  Further file Divorce Petition onthe ground of cruelt


Anamika Vichare



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register