Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vaishnavi Sonkar   06 September 2022

Factories act 1948

Hello,

I am currently working in India Security Press, Nashik. I have a doubt whether supervisors are entitled for overtime allowance. The Supervisors are drawing salary above 10,000 per mensem. Further, there qualification is different from the workers. Manual tinkering with machines is regular part of their jobs and the organization is paying them special allowance for extra work. They are claiming themselves as workers however, they are more qualified than other workers in the factory. Someone please help.

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 September 2022

"I have a doubt whether supervisors are entitled for overtime allowance."

What is the context for your query? Have you ascertained whether the Security Press is covered under the Factories Act?

Vaishnavi Sonkar   07 September 2022

Yes sir, Security Press is covered under Factories Act. The workers in the Press are getting overtime allowance by virtue of section 64 of the said Act. However, the supervisors are claiming that since they are working on the shop floor, they are also entitled to receive overtime for extra work. Therefore, my doubt is whether the supervisors are entitled to receive overtime. Keeping in mind, they are drawing salary more than Rs.10,000 per month and they are more qualified.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register