LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Richa Dwivedi   23 December 2021

Expartee decision and how to get streedhan back

I have a query. In my maintenance case judge has given expartee decision as my husband didnt appeared in any of the hearings . He was given 4 or 5 chances and notice was published in newspaper too and now he is not appearing in divorce case too . 2 hearings are already done. My question is if he didnt appear and judge gives expartee divorce order. How will i get my jewellery which is in his locker and also the money which he took from Me. We have filed section 27 too along with divorce. Also , i dont want alimony from him or marriage expenses . I just want my jewellery back which my father gave me and also my money which he took from Me in his account? What should i do? If expartee divorce is granted , he will definitely be free and will not appear in other cases too as police is moving case diary to court and 498 and 420 cases will also start but i am sure if divorce is granted he will Not appear in these cases too


 2 Replies

Kawmini Liyanage   24 December 2021


If he is not complying with the court order, by way of a motion plead for a warrant/court order to enter the premises where he lives and take the belongings of yours with the presence of police.


Kawmini Liyanage.

Richa Dwivedi   25 December 2021

Thanks for the reply Ma'am.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query