LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopinath (Accountant)     04 January 2013

Execution petition

I took a personal loan with HDFC Bank Ltd repayable in 48 instalments. Due to financial constraint, I paid only for an year and did not continue to payback. The Bank harassed me by sending collection agents to my house and to my office. Feeling embarrased I resigned my job and shifted my house to unknown place. After an year, I thought of repaying the amount by agreeing for an settlement and sent a mail to the agent who was harassing me before. But the amount bank told me to repay was too high and I did not have the money at the time to repay. I was unable to decide and told the execute to ask for some more time to repay. 

Meanwhile the bank had approached the court and issued and EP against me. When I searched the Internet, I found that my name was published in causelist. I need a proper legal advise in this matter. Right now I am not in a position to repay the money the bank has requested. 

Gopinath

Learning

2 Replies

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     05 January 2013

The money with the banking industry is a public money and as a rule should be returned with agreed rate of interest , to keep the banking industry in good health.

Gopinath (Accountant)     07 January 2013

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply. I dont deny to pay the bank and I dont have any intentions to cheat the bank.  I need some time or I can pay it in small installments. The bank is not ready for any agreement. Kindly advise me how to handle the execution petition situation.

Thanks & Regards

Gopinath

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register