Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shivansh Singh   08 February 2022

Ews certification

I want to give the IAS exam this year.
I have my EWS certificate ready with me, and i want to avail the quota benefit.
But also, i have given wrong credentials in the certificate. ( For example (1) I have shown income close to 5 lakhs p.a. in my father's income certificate but ITR filed by my father and mother breaches 8 lakhs p.a. criteria. (2) Next the Area of my house shown in EWS certificate is 80 sq. Yards but originally it is approx 109 sq. yards )

So what should i do. Should i avail the benefits of this certificate or not. And if I do, can it create any problem in my future, if yes then how..?

Learning

1 Replies

Aryan Raj   10 February 2022

Dear Shivansh,

The EWS certificate is solely for individuals who fall into the General category, which includes people with an annual income of less than Rs. 8 lakh, a land area of less than 5 acres, and a residential flat of less than 1000 sq. ft. Therefore clearly you need to apply for amendments in the certificate. 

You can choose to renew the certificate, for the renewal you must follow the same method as when you first applied for an EWS certificate to renew your EWS certificate. This way you can get the corrections made in you certificate. 

Regards,

Aryan Raj 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register