LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satish kumar (none)     14 April 2010

eviction of tenant and lok adalat

Hi , I the owner of the house, file eviction on tenant is pending in civil distict courts. its taking too much time, can i approach lok adalat for settlement. what if other party doest agrees to appear before lokadalat. pls suggest.

Thanks,

PPK

Learning

4 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     14 April 2010

I am glad to note your interest in settling the issue before the lok adalat.  It is a good system to settle the disputes easily.

If the other party does not agree to appear before lok adalat, then the proceedings before court has to continue.  No party can be compelled to appear before the lok adalat.  Only upon the consent of both the parties the court can direct or refer the matter to lok adalat.  I suggest you to meet your tenant and inform him your offer of settling the disputes before lok adalat.  Good Luck.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     14 April 2010

if other side is agreed it is better to compromise in the lok adalat, because judgement passed in the lok adalat cannot be challenged. Both party should be present before the lok adalat.

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     15 April 2010

Settlement in Lock adalath is very good; but do you think that the tenant will agree to settle the matter in Lok adalath when he can drag on the matter in the court and continue occupation of the building for all that period.  I am not advicing that you should not go to lok adalath but points out that the tenant who is interested to drag on the case will not be amenable for such a proposal

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     16 April 2010

if he doesnt agree lokadalat is of no use.one cnnot compel.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register