LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lakshminarasimhan.N (Consultant )     05 November 2011

Error in the sale deed


I registered a property at Bangalore 4 days ago in sub registeror office for 6 Lakh. There are few errors in the Sale deed, which needs to be rectified.

1, In the sale deed, it has been mentioned as "Aggrement of sale" instead of deed. That needs to be corrected.
2, Typographical error, In my last name(i.e in S/O) and also in the last name (i.e S/O) for the vendor too. It reflects in the latest EC too.  

Please let me how the "Rectification deed" helps me in this regard.

can myself and my vendor come together and get it done? Also what will be the total cost for it? Kindly help me.


 7 Replies


The registrar or his subordinate will correct/rectify the errors. No big issue.

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     05 November 2011

yes can prepare rectification deed stating a deed executed on __ date having some typographical errors which has happened on account of some lapes and therefore this rectification deed to said deed is essential. Paragraph No. ___ is replaced by under mentioned paragraph/s and rest of details and including schedule anddescripttion of properties and other terms and conditions will remain as executed in Deed dated ____.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     05 November 2011

U registered a Rectification Deed at registrar office for that. In Rectficatation Deed u write line no. ___ of pera no. ____ of page no. ____ . 

Lakshminarasimhan.N (Consultant )     05 November 2011

Dear Sir, Do i have to pay a huge sum??!!! or do i need to re register the document??!!! :-(

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     06 November 2011

No only on Rs. 100/- Stamp paper and equal registration fee (i.e. minimum).

niranjan (civil practice)     06 November 2011

Rectification Deed has got tobe done from seller.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads