LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VENUGOPAL (NA)     24 May 2020

Equal share in property

Hi Sir / Madam,

Good Afternoon,

One of friend (i.e son) father has expired recently.  
He has one brother and one sister and all are got married.

Now, his sister (i.e daughter) is asking equal share from her father's property.  But sons are not ready to share property and decide to give one plot worth of 15 lacs instead of equal sharing the property.  But she is not willing to take that plot and asking to give equal share from his father's total property.  If not, she is ready to go to the court for her equal share.

Pleases advise, whether she can avail equal share or not.


 3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     24 May 2020


Daughters has equal share in the father's property. Brothers cannot mutually aviod giving share in the father's property. She can file necessary suit for her share in the court.



1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 May 2020

Yes.  Daughters have equal rights over the property of the father.  so she may move to court for a partition suit.

1 Like

VENUGOPAL (NA)     25 May 2020

Thank you !!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register