LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramaswamy.T (Individual)     04 October 2021

Epfo

Are contact service providers eligible for EPF Registration?

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     04 October 2021

A provident fund account can be opened only by the employer on behalf of the employee in India. It is mandatory for an employer to open an employee provident fund account (EPF). But no individual can open a Provident fund account.

Ramaswamy.T (Individual)     04 October 2021

Yes, Respected Expert,

The employers can only register under EPF Provisions. Can the employers cover their Contract Service Providers under EPF if the Service Provides like to avail the benefit?

Thanks & Regards,

Ramaswamy.T

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 October 2021

Yes, the contract employer can get registration with Employees Provident Fund.

Ramaswamy.T (Individual)     05 October 2021

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply. My query was not for contract employers.

I wish to know whether a Contract employee can get enrolled in EPF registered by the Firm/ Company to which he/she provides Service. This provision is available in ESI. I wish to know whether is it permitted in EPF. Kindly clarify.

pavan krishna   18 November 2022

Hello Sir,
My previous company gave me reliving documents as Jan 31st 2022 which is correct date and then they paid me salary for removing me from company without serving notice period. so I took Mt reliving documents which shows Jan 31st 2022 and joined in New company March 30th 2022 . Now the old company updated the date of exit in EPFO was My last working day as March 30th 2022.
when I ask my old company about this dates they are saying we cannot change its your mistake.
so here issue is old company - official reliving documents dated as 31st Jan 2022.
on epfo it's 31st March 2022
I joined in New company in 30th March 2022.

Now old company is not helping to change the date as per there given reliving documents.

please suggest how to solve this.

thanks
pavan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register