LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram   10 November 2019

Eol without medical certificate

Sir, am an Lower division clerk in central govt department, with 5.7 years of service , permanent employee. i had an heart attack last year and have two stent placed in heart.. Since the heart attack . am under lots of anxiety and depression, and lost interest in life ..and at times getting suicidal thoughts... I have met psychiatrist in private hospital... I have no leave in my account.... Am going through treat for depression and axiety. O want to know.1. How many days of eol can i take without medical certificate. And 2.with medical certificate how many days . and wat are the consequence of both .

Learning

10 Replies

Sb Karma   11 November 2019

Originally posted by : Ram
Sir, am an Lower division clerk in central govt department, with 5.7 years of service , permanent employee. i had an heart attack last year and have two stent placed in heart.. Since the heart attack . am under lots of anxiety and depression, and lost interest in life ..and at times getting suicidal thoughts... I have met psychiatrist in private hospital... I have no leave in my account.... Am going through treat for depression and axiety. O want to know.1. How many days of eol can i take without medical certificate. And 2.with medical certificate how many days . and wat are the consequence of both .

depend on your medical condition they will grant sometime more or not

so first make your medical statements first...link given below

https://nwda.gov.in/upload/employee/5976df9ea1fa813_5190126793.pdf

then go for leave extension if MO approved you can apply otherwise not

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 November 2019

Ask a friend or relative from the outstation to file an RTI application to your Central  Public Information officer and get the following information.

Application dt.11th Nov 2019 seeking information under RTI Act

Before: Central Public Information Officer,..........................

Fee: Postal order No....for Rs.10/- Fvg.Accounts Officer,..............Payable at...................

Applicant:

Information solicited through certified copies:

1. Please provide me a certified copy of rules and regulations on Sanctioning of various types of leaves in the organization by employees.(All types of leaves)

Applicant.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2019

No point in making RTIO application as the Leave rules are already available in public domain :-

1. available in market.
  2. avaialble on payment with Director of puiblication.
  3. available on the website of the DOPT
  4. online dowloading from e-gazette.
  5. as a part of many training materials.

RTI Act doe snot apply to the information available in public domain.

Please refer to rule 32 of CCS(Leave) rules avilable on internet.

Period spent on EOL without MC doe snot count for Pension /Gratuity.

Any kind of EOL perdiod is ignored for earning future EL.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 November 2019

A certified copy is a different form of information and must be provided to the applicant, as that information provided on website lacks evidential value.

He does not need certified copy. So he need not wait for :-

1. one month  (after receipt of RTI reqeust) before the PIO  refuses him the copy
  2. then one molnth (after receipt of appeal) before the FAA refuses him the copy.
  3. Indefnite period at CIC when his case is heard and CIC finally refuses him the copy or direct deptt to provide copy

He does not seem to be having that much of time.

Leave rules are available in public domain in printed form.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 November 2019

It may be a true reflection of the implementation of RTI Act, where PIO takes so much time for providing a document readily available on his website or otherwise pushing the citizen up to appeal to the Information Commission and waiting for more than 2 years.

this document is not available on the website of individual deptts.  It is available on :-

1. available in market.
  2. avaialble on payment with Director of puiblication.
  3. available on the website of the DOPT
  4. online dowloading from e-gazette.
  5. as a part of many training materials.

PIO is under no obligation to extract data from website of other deptt (or even his own deptt).  He is at liberty to refuse the information already available to public.

Once made application under RTI Act you give a license to the deptt not to reply till 30 days even if the information is to be refused.

The person is already a patint of anxiety he cannot run aftger CPIO and then FAA and then CIC and then purchasing book from market or consulting the same in library or seeing the rule on internet anfter deterioration of anxiety and after spending a lot of time and money.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register