Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Enrollment while doing LlM

My friend recently joined full-time LLM in Tirupati. He's in first year. he completed LLB in 2016.
can he do enrollment in AP bar council.

As per your query let me tell you,. that in order to enrol as an advocate an individual must have a bachelor degree in law (with minimum 50% in graduation), and such a degree should have been obtained from a college/university which has been recognised by the Bar Council of India.

However, the BCI states that a person shall not be allowed to practice as an advocate if either:-
1.) He/she is below 21 years of age, or
2.) He/she is 45 years or more by the time of enrolment with the State Bar Council (SBC).

After the above-mentioned points the one and only important aspect of being an advocate is requires graduation in law as a major criteria. Thus, if you're friend does not fall under the above-mentioned classification, then he is free to enroll himself as an advocate in any place across India, without any problem regardless of the fact that he's pursuing LL.M

Hope It Helps

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

for enrollment there's no age limit. what I want to know is while doing LLM can we enroll in state bar council?

Lawyer

I agree with expert Mr. Kavksatyanarayana but differ with Mr. Kevin M Paul qua percentage of marks as well as age of an advocate since there no such bar exist as on date. 

However, your friend should have got enrolled in his / her State Bar Council in terms of Section 24 of Advocates Act, 1961, which s/he has already read in his/ her LL.B. course

No my friend not enrolled with state bar council. he's doing LLM regular is going to enroll. can he enroll now while doing LLM course?

Lawyer

Yes, he can / may get enrolled while pursuing LL.M.

Total likes : 1 times

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x