Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arunsrinivaas (pensioner)     16 April 2023

Enquiry about property issue

Dear sir

     After death of my mother my elder sister is not cooperating for getting legal heir certificates for my mother's property.

   What is legal remedy available for me to get legal heir certificates. At present I am paying all government tax dues in my mother's name only and my sister has not shared tax expense?



 4 Replies

shubham kumar (Advocate) (Advocacy)     16 April 2023

she might not getting interest in your mother's property, thats why, you can file a succession certificate case .




P. Venu (Advocate)     16 April 2023

To my knowledge, any of the legal heirs can apply for getting legal heir/succession certificate.

1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     16 April 2023

Yes.  You can only apply for a legal heir certificate.  Your sister's signature is not necessary to get the same.  For property, she has to relinquish her rights to you with other legal heirs if there are any.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 April 2023

File a suit for partition and possession of the properties left behind by deceased (mother) without obtaining LR certificate (from area Tehsildar/ SDM) where she has no alternative but to contest. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register