Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lakshmi (hr)     16 October 2013

Eligibility for alimony

Dear Experts,

I am a 27 years old married woman.I am not happy with my marriage,because of my husband does not like my parents.Otherwise he takes good care of myself.I plan to divorce him.

I want to know what are the eligibility criteria for getting alimony.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Learning

19 Replies

(Guest)

It is u who thinking to divorce him...cause he dont like ur parents. But he looks after u very well.

Try to sit with him and sort out how the seperation works smoothly. 

Alimony depends on years of marriage, children and reason of desertion. 

And why u think of Alimony...when u want to take care of ur parents. If there is any children he will give maintenance to them . But why Alimony?

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     16 October 2013

1. Try to find out why your husband is annoyed with your parents ,2. You are living with your husband and he caring you well then where is the problem , mere he don't like your parents and you are thinking to end of your marriage .3. You can't get divorce on this ground , there should be some cruelty need to file Divorce. 4 .I suggest you don't and never think about divorce it is nothing only the way to go hell .at present your husband is caring you when he will knew your views then your life and future will become painful, therefore save your marriage , and solve your problem amicabily with your husband.

Thank you for the suggestions.

We do not have any children.

the problem is my parents do not have any income.I do not have job either.After 2 years of searching for a job i am not able to get any.

My parents and I expected that my husband will support my parents financially,but he says that my parents are not his responsibilitiy.

Now i think I can divorce him and claim alimony amount.Am i eligible for it?if yes..then how much?

Regards,

Lakshmi

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 October 2013

No divorce. Think about your parents as a daughter. It is your fundamental responsibility. When parenting and bonding failed to make children responsible, there came the need for a legislation i.e., The Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act 2007 (Central Act 56 of 2007) and the State came up with Tamil Nadu Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Rule.

(Guest)

Dear Lakshmi , 

U can do job and pay ur parents bills instead being lazy. and expect ur husband to pay. 

When he refused u expect alimony for u and ur parents . sorry for ur husband. 

Manpreet (Manager)     16 October 2013

@Laxmi

Interesting ,you want to divorce him, also want to get alimony --  LEGAL BEGGING.

If are not finding any compatibility,go for MCD , I seems you are also working then why starting this Legal Begging.

At one place you people always say talk about equal rights, (I am an individual,i have my identity....)when its comes to resposibility you become  "ABLA NARI"

Why you are not asking your father to give you property under hindu succesation (Laxmi) act,why husband?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : lakshmi

Thank you for the suggestions.

We do not have any children.

the problem is my parents do not have any income.I do not have job either.After 2 years of searching for a job i am not able to get any.

My parents and I expected that my husband will support my parents financially,but he says that my parents are not his responsibilitiy.

Now i think I can divorce him and claim alimony amount.Am i eligible for it?if yes..then how much?

Regards,

Lakshmi

When you can write so very beautifully in English stating your problem, am sure you will get some job or the other, provided you want to earn money decently.

Why are you being a headache to your husband and to your parents.

If looking after parents was the only motive, you may as well have not gotten married at all.

Being well educated you cannot claim alimony, forget getting divorce !

@ramachary64: Sir,

I am not getting any job,hence I am not able to help my parents financially.Does this " The Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act 2007 (Central Act 56 of 2007)" mandates men to take care of their in-laws also?

@Manpreet.:one small house is all my parents have in their native.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     16 October 2013

in your case, divorce is not the solution but it creates more problems.  filing the case against your husband for maintenance of your old parents also will not solve your problem but aggravate the situation.  the solution lies that you take your old parents to nearby psu bank and 'reverse mortgage' the house they are living.  under this scheme, they are allowed to live in the same house till their end and also get lumpsum amount to meet their daily needs till their end and after their demise the bank will become owner of the property.  this is the scheme introduced to save the old people, who have only their residential property and face the sustenance problem.

Reformist !!! (Other)     16 October 2013

Every other girl here on this forum comes asking "How to claim money from husband" how to suck his money may be through 125, dv, divorce, hma or Alimony.

Is money the main motive of getting married. Very sad state of affairs in our country. 

similar story my loving wife wants me to maintain her parents too which i cannot and now facing false 498a/dv.

What the hell is this, dowry is asked by girls and we are the one who actually face trouble.

Pray to god and play lottery....

(Guest)

Amazed......with exciting purview of this lady's eternal thoughts about her own husband...."DO ANY LAW ON THIS EARTH WHICH CAN MAKE MY HUSBAND TO FEED MY MUMMY & PAPA, BHAI,BAHEN along with me"

Kamal hai.........Husband ne in sab theka le rakha hai..

Wow, Shaddi kiya toh wife ka theka liya........Aur wife ne JABRAN husband ke uppar Bandook Laga ke Gun point pe Boli "Bol mere mummy papa ka theka lega ki nai? Agar nai lega toh is pistol se 498a,DVA 2005 aur 5 Mainetnace cases dag dungi.....

Husband Bechara.......Biased Law ka Mara.........Marta kya na Karta Biwi ko sambhale ya aapni naukri sambhale ya fir unlimited padeshaniyon ko sambhale.

Inmme se jo bechare dabbu husband nikale wo sahte gaye,,,,

Jo Khabardar type ke husband the wo tight hoke bole Jo ukhadna hai ukhad lo .....jo goli dagna hai dag do magar main Jurm nai sahunga.

Fir wife ne aav dekha na taav...........pahunch gayi police station.........aur khali kar diya aapna legal bandook 498a aur saare women Laws ki goliyan.

Wife ne daag toh diya magar jis din daga usi din Husband se haath dho baithi........

Fir kya hua?????????

Fir kya hoga??????

Husband ne thandi saansein li chalo aisi padeshani se mukti mili........4 din jail me rahunga lekin ummar bhad toh aazad rahunga.,

Fir aisi biwi ko toh jhelna nai padega.

Husband khush.............biwi fir dukhi....!!!

Divorce ka Danka baja............biwi court ke chakar kaati.....last me divorce hua

Bacha kya..........kuch hazar rupee ka maintenance aur ummar bhar samaj ka mar.....jahan biwi nikalti wahan sirf 498a,dva2005 aur 5 tarah ke mainetnace cases ki gunj.........bas yahi thi uski zindagi??????

Madam/girls...........Khud Vichar kijiye kahan hai aapki zindagi aur kahan hai aap..!!

Reformist !!! (Other)     17 October 2013

Sufferer bhai, abhi is post pe jwaab aayega.......ki main abla nari hun

mujhse woh dowry mangta tha..........bla bla bla......everything false .....

I am fedup of reading same kind of FIR's .......mujhse gaadi maangi (ladke ke paas 3-3 gadian already hain), mujhe khana nai dia, mujhe ghar se nikal dia bla bla bla..........roz ka drama ban gaya hai yeh.......

How can these girls even think of getting back to her husband after entering into police station.............No idea how actually they think ??????????

gautam (not disclosed)     17 October 2013

sorry to be rude, it is not husband responsibility for his in laws.

As a daughter it is your responsibility

It is strange that just because you are not able to do so, u want to force that responsibility to your husband, despite the fact that husband is taking good care of you.  And surprisingly you parents also think the same.  if parents think the same, i can't help pity you and your upbringing.

feel sorry for the man to have such a wife.

lakshmi (hr)     17 October 2013

The irony is my husband is not interested in my parent's property(only one house).Since I am the only child to my parents it is my husband's responsibility  to support my parents financially.We assumed before marriage that my husband will take care of my parents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register