Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Eligibility for alimony

Page no : 2

(Guest)
Originally posted by : lakshmi

The irony is my husband is not interested in my parent's property(only one house).Since I am the only child to my parents it is my husband's responsibility  to support my parents financially.We assumed before marriage that my husband will take care of my parents.

As many have said, there is no legal binding on the part of your husband to look after your parents ie his in-laws. Further, there is no legal binding on the wife that she look after her in-laws with love and affection, prepare food n give them to eat. All these matters of love and understanding. Assuming that he would look after your parents after marriage itself mournable. Even here such things have to be dealth emotionally and with love and affection. There are many a men who take care of in-laws even support them financially, but as I said all such depend on mutual understanding which I suppose is not there in your case. Trying to go legal fighting would only lead to misunderstanding between you and your husband eventually one would want a way out of this marriage. Remember one thing, for sake of parents dont sacrifice your marriage.

(Guest)

Since I am the only child to my parents it is my husband's responsibility  to support my parents financially

Its very shameful seeing people talking like this and being greedy for only money. Sorry to say this but no wonder a woman herself encourages atrocities on herself.

You are the only child it will be his responsibility to be good son in law and a good husband. If u demand him to financially support ur parents it is not right.

What about his parents , his siblings?

what about their expectations?

Why u so adamant that u cant work and whole responsibility is on ur Husband shoulders. Do u really love him ? or u only think him as financial provider.

What about ur parents think of this?? do they support this demands?? they got their own house? when needy u r there to support him? what else they need?

u should be ashamed of urself and ur parents too for ur behaviour..Really feel sorry for ur husband. shame on you. 

lakshmi (hr)     18 October 2013

So am i not eligible for alimony because i am not working?

I thought that is the case that I can get alimony because I am not working.

(Guest)

after ppl have given such a lenghty suggestions to save your marriage, you are the one still looking for alimony. dont take stupid descision . save your marriage.

(Guest)

I would save her husband from this marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register