LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

praveen bhatt   04 September 2023

Electricity disconnect by society

hi i am residing in an multi story apartment it came to know that the society formed by the members are general society and formal registration is not done as housing society in registrar office. i filled a civil case against the society formation case is taking longer time for judgment in between i stopped paying monthly maintenance as suggested by lawyer . in between this court case some members who are even not the flat owners forcibly cut the electricity on ground of maintenance due although at the time of flat buy from builder i deposited one time maintenance charge and society earning interest from this. electricity connection is taken from electricity department.

when i approached for police complaint police denied to lodged the FIR . when i moved to court for electricity restoration and criminal case filling lower court rejected my application.

pl suggest what to do 

Learning

5 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     04 September 2023

Electricity cannot be disconnected even by the members of such society, whereas in your case it is stated to have been disconnected by non-members which is illegal and invalid action.

Facts posted are incomplete for form proper opinion and oblige.

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

anubhav Bhatt   04 September 2023

File a Writ petition before High Court for connection therein Court will direct the Authorities for more clarification you may contact us then I'll explain properly.

Advocate Anurag Bhatt
High Court
Mobile 📱 9198889990

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     04 September 2023

Have you paid your dues to electricity department , if yes - then  had you filed complaint in there office .

Issue instantly a legal notice to electricity department and demand action against your electricity disruption as non could disconnect your supply except by the department. You can file also a consumer complaint against electricity department and demand compensation for the harassment and mental agony.

issue a legal notice to Society for damages and for the illegal act they have done.

SRIPRAKASH BHATTACHARYA (RETIRED)     04 September 2023

Disconnection of Electricity to your place by the society / managing committee or anyone is an illegal offence. Lodge an FIR if not done. No necessity to engage any advocate since it is not required instead your money will be drained out. You may take the help of Legal Aid Services (see and search through Google) which is an recognised body who will be of help to you. 

Siddhi   05 September 2023

Lodge police complaint without fear.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register