Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hari K (SRF)     21 April 2014

Effect on 498a on appointment as a central govt employee

Dear Sir/ madam.

im a PhD scholar from Hyderabad. I got married in August 2012. Me and my wife had differences from day one.

i had filed a petition for divorce.on the basis of mental cruelty for aborting my child without my consent for which I have the proofs. 

Also I have been selected for a scientist post recently for which I have received the appointment letter and have to join in this June . It has a mandatory probationary period for two years.Since it is a central govt job, a police verification is pending. 

Now I'm fearing that if my wife files a 498 a case on me. What are the chances that I can still retain my job. What are consequences if 498a is filed before my joining or after my joining in June.

can anyone please let me know and guide me on the issue ?

Learning

16 Replies

mahavir singh (ADVOCACY)     21 April 2014

If u have proof of her cruelties than it will nt effect yr case for more call 09910657998 mahavir singh adbocaye

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 April 2014

I do  not agree.

If any sort of criminal case is pending on the day of verification  then you are not appointed and there is no provision for keeping the offer in abeyance till completion of the case.

Whatever proof you are having with you are of no relevance before the selecting deptt as long as a case is pending.

If any such case is filed during probation period and not decided in your favour during probation still you will not be able to complete probation.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 April 2014

so weigh your steps and them move ahead.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     21 April 2014

Quitely and surreptituously you file a written complaint  in the local Police Station that your is regularly torturing you mentally and intimidating you you that unless you carry out her order she will file false cases like sec.498A IPC against  you ,so that if at any time in future she files a cognizable case against you that can be quashed by the High Court. 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 April 2014

Haaaaaaa........

Keep them engaged in small talk or remain very very quiet. Let the things move and you get your police verification done.

Once you are appointed, no one can throw you out.

Don't do anything rash. Just kill the time.

A warrior who runs away from a certain defeat, lives to fight another day. - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
Handphone: +91-8010850498

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 April 2014

If she is yet lodge any false complaint against you, do not worry about it for the present.  As advised keep dragging on the issues by pretending to be fully compromised with her on all issues so that the proposed complaint can be deferred until your verification is completed by the police. Handle the issue tactfully.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 April 2014

you have been advised

"If you can arrange another address proof which is under some other Police Station then It will be helpful for you."

I am sorry .  You have to intimate the the attestation form all the addresses where you resided in past 5 years.

Never expect the opposite party to be a spectator and allow you to enter service.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 April 2014

regardless the address business.  You you self has to say yes or no in the attestation form questionaire which indicates if any criminal case is (was) pending and whether you have ever been on detention/bail.

Try peaceful method.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2014

this man at present can successfully get through verification without committing fraud on employer. As on now no case is registered on him.

God appears to be kind on him

Anyway I never advise anyone to commit fraud.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 April 2014

there is a similarly placed person at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=94127&offset=1#.U10nyaI1g48

The  person almost similarly placed like this querist, somehow got through the police verification by concealing information and now in trouble not able to complete probation and lost job, though FIR was quashed.  Now his query is how to regain the job.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     08 May 2014

I object the manner of words used by Rocky Smith. Don’t think that you are the only intelligent person in the world.  Every body has their own views and ideas.  Mr. Sudhir Kumar is a Senior Expert in this site.  According to his idea, he has given his opinion. If you have a different view you can express, but you should not discourage or comment wrongly on others views. 

The police verification is controlled by the CCS (City crime station) which will be located in the capital city of that particular state.  The normal rule is that the CCS will get information from all Police Stations of the state.  But due to piling up of cases and shortage of police personal, they are hurriedly doing police verification only in the local area.  For the time being the employee can escape but if any one of the neighbor, relative or even his wife gives a complaint before the employer, even if you are appointed by that time, you will be dismissed with immediate effect.  

1 Like

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     08 May 2014

Try delay tactics

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 May 2014

Mr RAvinder P has understood the problem very well.  The adversaries of the querisst haave made complaint (tue or false) with no intrntion but to ruin him.  thry cannot be expected to keep quite when he gets govt job.  

if he manages verificqtion by misleading address and clears verification by strength of false statements in attestation form then he may have no saviour when truth is reported (even if 498a compalit gets dropped /withdrawn or proved false).  the ATTESTATION FORM carries and undetaking from candidate that his services are liable to be terminated if contents are proved false.  

Further more he cannot, while filling attetatiion form afford to the address which he used in original application and address where he received roll no/interview call etc.

Further more as on now no FIR is registered he will get clearance as police is bound to report that no criminal case is pending. 

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 May 2014

Mr Ravinder P has understood the problem very well.  The adversaries of the querist have made complaint (tue or false) with no intention but to ruin him.  they cannot be expected to keep quite when he gets govt job.  

if he manages verification by misleading address and clears verification by strength of false statements in attestation form then he may have no saviour when truth is reported (even if 498a complaint gets dropped /withdrawn or proved false).  the ATTESTATION FORM carries and undertaking from candidate that his services are liable to be terminated if contents are proved false.  

Further more he cannot, while filling attetatiion form afford to the address which he used in original application and address where he received roll no/interview call etc.

Further more as on now no FIR is registered he will get clearance as police is bound to report that no criminal case is pending. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register