LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maneesh Gupta   04 June 2022

Ecommerce franchisee fraud

I have signed a franchisee agreement with an E-commerce company, under which I have invested a large amount in the company. Against the investment, the company has to provide me selling products in my warehouse, which will be sold on Flipkart and Amazon by generating sales orders by company. As per agreement, the company shall not give any profit in the first 6 months but from the 7th month company shall give me a fixed % guaranteed profit margin on my investment amount, even if the sales are not achieved. The time of providing the products and starting the sale are not mentioned in the agreement but giving the profit is mentioned from 7th month. According to the verbal discussion, the company had to start products availability and sales from the 4th month. But even after starting the 8th month, the company neither provided the products nor brought the sales order. All these conversations I saved as a record on WhatsApp. The company is not denying to give my first (7th month) profit margin which is payable in the 8th month. The 8th month is also going on. There is fear now of being cheated due to the company not providing the products and not starting the sales and making excuses on asking.  The company’s GST has got canceled before agreement, which the company has kept hidden from me till now and is also the main reason for not providing the goods.

Firstly there is a provision of arbitration for dispute resolution in the agreement, and then a provision has been made to present the suit in the district court.

Should I wait for the full 8th month for my profit margin to come or file a criminal (fraud) case along with civil (breach of contract) case against the company or or should go for arbitration or take any other legal action?

Please guide me to get back my money in shortest time.

Learning

2 Replies

Anila Sabu   25 June 2022

Dear Qurist,

A verbal agreement is considered as a valid contract and so the first thing you must do is save all the WhatsApp voice recordings so that you can use this later on as evidence for the same.

Furthermore, as the 7th months profit is still not paid there is already a breech of contract and this makes the case eligible for legal action.

You may go to the court or go for arbitration, however I would advise you to approach the company first and eliminate out any genuine miscommunications, or overlooked facts that may have caused the delay in payment.  

Maneesh Gupta   25 June 2022

Thanks for reply. Company's  GST was /is canceled before singing agreement.Which company has not disclosed me yet and thus avoiding to start franchisee.

Now I have sent a notice of fraud via email which company is again ignoring and not ready to return my money.

Please suggest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register