LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sakshi   22 December 2022

E-stamp mentions wrong article

Hi. I recently got an e-stamp issued for a rent agreement. However, the stamp vendor mentioned it under Article 4 Affidavit. Propery details & second party is also not mentioned on estamp. I again mentioned it to him that I want e-stamp paper for rent agrement. 
And he said this is what works. 
However I am a little doubtful about the legal validity of the document. Can someone please clarify?

what can be done about it now

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 December 2022

E-Stamp paper or electronic stamp paper is the result of electronic stamping which is an online application through which Stamp Duty can be securely paid to the Government. Most Govt. transactions require payment of non-judicial Stamp duty and doing it the conventional way would be time consuming.

Sakshi   23 December 2022

Sir, I got the estamp for rent agreement but the descripttion mentions Article 4 affidavit. So stamp duty was paid for affidavit instead of agreement. Just wanted to ask if the document will still be legally valid or not. 

sahithi reddy   24 December 2022

If you want your paperwork to be legally perfect and clean, you must correct any such errors. Executing a Rectification Deed would resolve your issue, but it would require the permission of both the Seller and the Buyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register