LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shivacharan S kanshete (Coordinator)     01 March 2024

E/r arrest warrant has been issued by the court under section 138

I had a school bus and in the covid period I could not pay the instalment so the company has sized bus and resold... After that the shortfall amount generated by the company and now company has filed case under 138.  The settlement offer letter have received by the branch and I am paying the settlement amount in installments... After that the warrent still remains as it is... How to stop this legal process while I am paying the settlement amount to the company.... I want to stop legal process like court and warrents ....  What should I do...???


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 March 2024

If the trial of the case under section 138 NI act has not been concluded yet and the court has passed an order for bailable warrant against you for not appearing before court, then you may better surrender before court and file an applicaiton under section 70(2) cr.p.c. to recall the warant and proceed accordingly as per the settlement agreement and also ask the complainant company to withdraw the cheque bounce case.

1 Like

Shivacharan S kanshete (Coordinator)     22 March 2024

Case status shows... Business column as empty on the hearing date... While accused person didn't present for hearing... What should be knew as empty column..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 March 2024

Without seeing the business  column or knowing the details of the case no further opinion can be rendered.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register