LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amrita sahoo (pre-school teacher)     17 November 2014

Due salary not being paid by school

I am a pre-school teacher working at Serra International Preschool, Gachibowli, Hyderabad. From december 2013 I have been working there.When i joined there they gave RS 6500 as salary and told that they will increase the salary in 3 months.After 3 mths when i asked for the hike in salary in march, the director told he does not know anything about this but our Principal knew this but still kept quiet.(as all decisions regarding money is taken by him) But finally they agreed n gave me a hike but the director told that he will give me from july "as he doesnt have much fund".But i asked him to give me my hike in march and suggested to give 6500 as usual upto june but in july i should get my increment in salary i.e, rs3000 as arrear.He agreed for this.All this was done verbally.

Then when in july, i asked for the arrear amount.He started giving me 7500 from jul but that 3000 arrear at he just kept pending.Also may months salary he told to pay in septembers month which he still hasnt given. Now in july month accidently the computer screen got damaged due to me. I myself went told him that.i offered to cut that from my salary but he appriciated my truthfulness n decided not to cut.Ultimately the matter was solved.

Now i am going to complete my 1 year in nov month. When i asked for a hike in my salary he told its already given n that i have to wait upto july 2015 or else leave the job. S o i decided to leave n i gave them a month notice.(21/11/14 to be my last working day) Luckily, I got another job too.Now on 13/11/14, he gave me my october months salary.When i asked him abt all m due amount, he told he will give me in december and he will cut some amount for the computer screen.For that we got in a small argument.Finally he asked me to leave right then.I asked him to give me my due amount n relieving letter but he dint listen.

Now i am feeling very cheated. I have worked in this school n I want to get my hard earned money. I know this is not a big amount but for me it is the amount that will be a reward for all my mental n physical pain that i have gone through.

Can anybody help?   I want to take action against him.I dont have any written evidence but I have witnesses like my Ex- Prinicipal(who left) when i talked to the director for a hike and a ex-teacher when i accidently broke the computer screen. I have written them mails too but they havent responded. I am afraid they will not give my relieving letter too. please help.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 November 2014

There is no evidence in writing for arrears except for witnesses if they are willing to appear/testify. If you have not admitted in writing for damage then there is no evidence. If you have written for arrears but there's no reply it may amount to admission. You may write that you have served notice period and have handed over the charge and nothing is pending at your end and request to supply acknowledgement of notice/resignation, it's acceptance, Service Certificate, relieving letter, correct FnF statement, FnF dues by bank DD,PF number and a/c slips, ESICcard, NOC/NDC etc....by Redg post so as to reach you in say next 7 days... You can approach teacht/employee's/trade unions, board/university with which it is affiliated, Officials of Dept of Edu......and go Thu service rules of the board e.g. CBSE, and the state education act...... You can also approach your service matter lawyer..

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     17 November 2014

madam,

if you have any of this in writing it would be a good proof, otherwise what you say and what he says is always open to arguments and judge may heed or no, based on the other evidences given. if you have written documents, kindly approach the education tribunal right away and file a case. 

amrita sahoo (pre-school teacher)     18 November 2014

I dont have any written documents....that means I cant do anthingy about it apart from complaining.

Anyways, Thank you for your advice

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 March 2015

Forget          

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register