LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gandhi   25 May 2021

Dual employment

I joined Company A but left it without serving a notice period within 3 days of joining since I got a better opportunity at Company B. I joined company B on 10th Dec 2018. Company A had created a PF account for me. In my PF account, my last date at Company A is mentioned as 26 DEC,2018. I am going to leave Company B after completing resignation formalities properly to join Company C. Will Company C be able to find out about my short stint at Company A and will it be a problem(dual employment of 16 days) for me? If Yes, what is the action that Company C could take? Is this going to haunt my career forever? How should I resolve this?

Learning

4 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     25 May 2021

better to consult local labour oriented lawyer and get clarity

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 May 2021

Shed down all such doubts and fears as no one bothers about the past that has taken place three years for the very old employer.  This is not a very serious things and you can orally explain such things to company 'C'

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 May 2021

Have you supressed the relevant information from the prospective employer?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 May 2021

You should have tendered resignation letter to company A at the time of leaving that company, since you have not followed the proper procedures, you are made to worry about such issues, which may be petty or may create problem for your future career too.

In any case you can join the company C based on the proper relieving from company B and and can give an explanation explaining the circumstances which made you to leave the company A at that time, if you are given a show cause notice by company C in this regard.

Since your tenure of service with the company A was for a very brief period, you can convince the reasons for leaving the company without informing them. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register