Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

IKGoyal Advocate (Legal)     06 May 2009

Dress Code

Hi guys,

i'm looking for any notification about dress code , or i say change in dress code, everybody knows that , in summer that is impossible to wore black coat , specially where , there tem. is around 45-50 Degree , So any news to get rid from black coat.

Learning

7 Replies

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     06 May 2009

I support your feelings. bar council should amend the provision relating to dress code.

A W K Mecci (Advocate)     07 May 2009

Dear Friends, the Bar Council of India has relaxed dress code long back.  Please refer to their site for clarity on dress code relaxation.

A W K Mecci

Bangalore

Kuljit Pal Singh (Legal Professional)     07 May 2009

Dear Friend, Pls look in to the Civil manual & Criminal manual to know abt the summer dress code. Regards

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     07 May 2009

Dear mecci and kuljeet ! pls mention what is  latest prescription of dress.there have been demands to change the dress code. since my enrolment in 1986, i do not know any amendment in BCI rules in this regard.

Urvashi Saumya (Lawyer)     14 May 2009

As per Bar Council of India Rules Chapter Chapter-IV, Except in Supreme Court and High Courts during summer wearing of black Coat is not mandatory.

Certain high courts such as the Delhi High Court permit advocates not to wear a gown during the summer months.

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     06 June 2009

Yes, in  AP  in Summer ,Dress Code is relaxed

siddu (Advocate)     11 April 2010

Dear Friends

The Bar Council of India has already relaxed the wearing of black coats during summer season i.e., from April 1 to July 31, except in the High Courts and Supreme Courts.  But it has to be started from Mar 1, as now a days the humility is increasing by February month. So make an appeal to the Bar Council of India to make it from Mar 1 of the every year.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register