LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santosh kumar   01 July 2020

Drafting the Will

My mother want to declare a WILL but issue with my father name having differences in documents. In my education documents it is BR sah where as in property documents it is RB sah. It will be correct if both name of my father was entered in WILL. Property owner is my mother. plz guide me.


 7 Replies

Govardhan Varma (Advocate in practice in Crime and Taxation)     02 July 2020

  1. If you have the Date of birth certificate - U can that name or
  2. If the Option-1 was not available then use the name of your father available in the PAN Card of yours


Don't write both the names in the Will document:- Reason the document will become vague or it will reduce the quality of the information.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 July 2020

You can write the name as per ID on the will and can also add as AKA .........................(second name within brackets).

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 July 2020

If any of the details are not precise or you get them wrong, the will can be easily contested in court.


P. Venu (Advocate)     02 July 2020

Instead of writing BR Sah or RB Sah, show the full name. Even otherwise, a lady is complete by her name; husband's or father's name is just an additional discripttion..

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 July 2020

Ask your mother to mention her full name along with her husband's full name in the WILL proposed to be executed.

It do not have any relevancy qua your educational certificates.

1 Like

santosh kumar   03 July 2020

Dr JC Vashista sir ,
Your 2line reply means there is no need of educational name in WILL

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 July 2020

You are right, name of your father as mentioned in your educational certificate is irrelevant for the purpose of executing a will by your mother, even if you are the proposed beneficiary.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register