dowry n dv

my mother in law insults me n demand dowry n not allowing me to cum in kitchen. my husband listens to his mom only. if I file case in court against mother in law 498 and DV case then it is possible that my husband will give me divorce? he is threatening me for divorce. as I don't want to give him divorce ever in life. can he make false implications against me for divorce? I don't want divorce so wat should I do? without my signature divorce can happen?
Retired employee.

Now that you are not having any intentions to file divorce, remember that divorce can not be granted with out your active involvement.  Have patience and slowly the relations may develop and do not complicate things in family by going against family members unless it is a must.   Mere not permitting you entry in kitchen is not a crime, but not giving you food is a serious crime.  Consult your elders and wait for few more months and do not ignite further complications with your hasty actions.  



You concentrate on your criminal charges and cases, try to win these thus proving your husband and mother inlaw guilty. If you loose these cases your husband will have excellent ground of creulty for getting divorce from you and no one can stop him for getting it whether you agree for the same or not. Your consent and signature required only divorce by mutual consent not unilateral divorce filed against you by your husband on available grounds like creulty.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Complete Hindu Laws Course     |    x