FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish nagpal (Testing)     28 October 2020

Dowry case

one of my relative file a complaint in women police station for dowry casee.when he demand compalint copy then they denied .can he get a complaint copy or before FIR it is not possible


 4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 October 2020

A complainant can demand such a copy with acknowledgment and it has to be given under Central Secretariat Rules.   If it is not given, he can file RTI Application and can seek such a certified copy under the RTI Act. and such information can not be denied.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 October 2020

Why should the relative who has filed the complaint, require the copy?

Manoj Chaudhary Advocate   03 November 2020

basically your relative seeking acknowledgment of his complaint. The best way to get acknowledgment is to give complaint to concerned ACP/DSP of that area. The complaint then go to concerned police station. There you will get the Diary/Acknowledgement number of that complaint.

Manoj Chaudhary Adv.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 November 2020

better be ckear with facts as to who filed complaint and who wants a copy thereof.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query