Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek (IT Head)     25 June 2014

Dowry case

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how many times female can do dowry case on her husband and his family in India ? 

Thanks for quick reply.

Learning

8 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 June 2014

only one time

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     26 June 2014

Abhishek , only one time a wife can file dowry case against her husband and his family .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 June 2014

By filing the case with same cause of action by more than one time, she may lose the original case too.

Abhishek (IT Head)     15 August 2014

Hi
As I told my wife filed dowry case against me and my family member. I had tried to my level best to manage this on both family level but unable to success. Now every time she is talking new dates from court and in between her family member try to blackmailing us, many times her parents told me to give this much of amount to her as maintenance and register your all property with her name then this case will withdrawal. They have given an agreement letter to me and told me to sign on it. This agreement letter is not favour to me and my family.  Please advise me on and needs clarifications on how many times she can take new dates from court? 

AS   18 August 2014

Why you are even thinking of signing it ..

Dont sign anything.....

If your case is running and she is only taking dates ..then hire a good lawyer and fight your case.....

Abhishek (IT Head)     18 August 2014

Hi

I am not going to sign on agreement paper I unable to understand why she is talking new dates from court and my question is how many times she can takes new date? Unfortunately I am out of India and from here what I can do please suggest. For legal protection what kind of case I can file in the court?

Thanks

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 August 2014

I think the dowry case against you has been filed by the Police and not her (?), thus, it is the state (police) which will prosecute so she has got nothing to do with the dates.  She will be summoned to court to adduce her evidence as witness.  In the given circumstances, you can very well challenge her case and defend the same effectively.  You don't sign any agreement or bow down to her pressure.  Since they have already done enough damage to you by approaching court to revenge on you, better you ask them to go through the court itself with their demands and not with you directly.  There is no law asking you to give away your property to her as a settlement, in fact this is a black mail and act of extortion.  Be in touch with your lawyer regularly and follow up the case effectively.

Abhishek (IT Head)     18 August 2014

Hi
she filed case in family court not in police station. Now I am out of India, then can my parents file challenge against the case file for defence. Yes I know I will not sign any kind of agreement paper on her pressure. I already told her family if you can take all these type of right from court then we will decide in court only and don’t come to me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register