Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanni Jain   06 August 2022

Dowry and domestic violence

Hello Sir/Madam

My sister was married with a person in nov 2021. Before marriage the family pretended to be very good but as the date of marriage came near they started demanding dowry. In the marriage my father gave a lot of dowry but they did not satisfied. After marriage they demanded more dowry and scolded that if dowry will not be given his son will run away with any other girl so my father gave him a lot of dowry even after marriage. They were demanding 10lakh more rupees since 1-2 months scolding my father that her son will marry with another girl if they do not pay. 8-10 days before my father transferred them 10 lakh rupees in the account of them( we have account statement) but the very next day his  son run away with a girl. The girl was from a rich family and we get to know that the family of the my brother in law is involved in this incident. Now they are scolding my sister not to register the complaint and they have sent many gundas to scold us. What should we do? please help!!

Learning

2 Replies

Haseena Advocate   07 August 2022

Hi I am advocate K. Haseena, and I received your enquiry We can discuss it in detail if you are looking for a professional advice or legal support.

VENKATA MOHANA RAO PATHAKOTA (PRACTICING ADVOCATE AT HIGH COURT OF TELANGANA AND ANDHRA PRADESH)     09 August 2022

You have a good case. You may reach me @ 8297877977

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More