Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arshi   14 April 2021


The complainant was going to get married next month. She and her family belongs to a small town. All the dowry was given to the groom's family and two days after that the groom's family canceled the wedding. Now, they are also refusing to return the money as they are saying that no exchange has been made (they have actually used the money so there is no proof is there). Is there anything that can be done legally to help the complainant??


 2 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     15 April 2021

What is the reason for cancellation of marriage?

Before filing complaint you better to seek remedy through the seniors of your both side family with  seniors of your local place and amicably settle the issues

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 April 2021

"they have actually used the money so there is no proof is there" Your understanding as to proof is misconceived.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query