LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Donations in Engg. Colleges

In Tamil Nadu, Donations are a public menace for the students joining Engineering Colleges. The Tamil Nadu Government is a silent spectator. I think the management quota should be eliminated and all the seats should be given for allotment through counselling. Donations are encouraged because of panic-striken OC candidates who prefer through management quota since they are afraid of getting seats through Counselling due to big quota allotted to SC/ST candidates.

My relative went to reputed Panimalar Engineering College. He and his wife were asked to give away their cell phones while entering the Principal's room in order to avoid phone recording of conversation demanding donations. The college demanded Rs.7,00,000/- as donation. My relative returned dumb-founded.

Our Courts should only take the initiative in this regard.

Learning

1 Replies

mahendrakumar (marketing)     19 May 2010

management quota cannot be abolished as the cost of running the instituition plus profit on investment is met through this.

some restriction in capitation fee is a must.

but how do we implement them as like bribe, it is neither given or taken in public.

No where in the country it is heard of demanding such a heavy sum of rs.7 lakhs for an enginneering seat.

please advise to wait sometime before jumping for management seats,as nowadays,in many of the engineering colleges, seats are not filled and lying vacant.  In the initial hurry, some colleges may demand heavy sum.  If  you can wait patiently some time you can see that the donations coming down and sometimes to no donations level.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register