LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepak K Gujrati (CA-practice)     26 May 2009

Donation to Trust by NRI

 Query : (1)The donee is charitable trust registered u/s 12A also. One of the donor being NRI is having a bank account in India and wants to donate funds from that account to the trust. Is there any FCRA issue.

(2) If the donor is a foreign resident and wants to transfer some fund from any mode say Western Union Money Transfer and the amount to be recived will be in Indian currency. Is there any FCRA issue.

The trust is not registered under FCRA.


 4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     26 May 2009

Dear Deepak,

The Donee trust must hold registration under FCRA, Since you have already specified that the donee doesnot hold the said registration he has to apply for a temporary license, however you are also telling that the donor holds an Indian account, in case he is donating from the Indian account there is no requirement since the he will be donating in INR

deepak K Gujrati (CA-practice)     26 May 2009

Thanks for your reply. Please give your comment for second part also.

Arjun G (Managing Director)     07 April 2015

Dear Sir,,

Am Arjun  actully am doing real estate business if you want any land for lawer associate please contact me and we will give with developed sites also please dont neglate this mail this my request.

i will wait your responce from your end.


With Regards,

Arjun G


N R Dash.. (Advocate)     13 April 2015

Rightly advised by Advocate A V Vishal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register