Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit (Engineer)     26 November 2022

Domestic violence case advise needed


I am facing 498a/406 for last 10 years and now final judgement is about to come to that. My wife is now filling domestic violence case(her lawyer sent the notice). I have the following questions:
1. Can the domestic violence case be filled and be sustained after 10 years?
2. My wife is working in Gurugram, I am in Bangalore and My home town is in Ghaziabad. Will the court granting him house rent money in Domestic Violence case or asking her to go and stay with me in Banagalore, which she will not. If she want to stay with me in Bangalore I am ready to take her.
3. Her salary is 60K and mine is 3 Lakhs per months, will the court provide her maintenance?
4. What about the court notices, should I receive the DV notice if they deliver them during 498a  date?


 2 Replies

vijay sathya   28 November 2022

approach High Court and request to the Court that according to Section 468 – Bar to taking cognizance after lapse of the period of limitation.Your case squarely follows the above section. For further doubts let me know

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 November 2022

Each litigation needs to be faced on their merit. Refusing to accept Notice from the Court would only complicate the issues.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query