Domestic violence act

wife has filed DV case against husband and court grant interim maintenance of Rs 20000/ per month. but wife is well qualified and doing private teacher. my query is that whether she will entitle to get maintenance?

If wife is well qualified and earn sufficiently for her livelihood then she is not entitled too get maintenance.Challenge the order by filing appeal before session judge.



You may go for revision but also note that the purpose of maintenance is not that your wife is in a well position to earn her livelihood but the fact the she is entitled to lead her life what she was used to lead earlier in her husband's house. Similar!!

Go for revision before the High Court if the order has been passed by the Family Court, else before session if the same has been passed by the Magistrate Court.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x