LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kavita prakash patil   07 February 2023

domestic violence

my sis in law filed a casein court of domestic violence u/s 12 in the year 2014, my brother staying separately from 2015. still no any interim maintenance order passed, my question is from 2014 to 2023 its almost 10yrs done no any order has passed can this case be dismissed? if yes , then on what ground ? any citation? my sis in law is working lady and mid between we both party going to settle this case buy sis in law demand is very high which is not possible to fulfill.

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 February 2023

Originally posted by : Kavita prakash patil

"my sis in law filed a casein court of domestic violence u/s 12 in the year 2014, my brother staying separately from 2015. still no any interim maintenance order passed, my question is from 2014 to 2023 its almost 10yrs done no any order has passed can this case be dismissed? if yes , then on what ground ? any citation? my sis in law is working lady and mid between we both party going to settle this case buy sis in law demand is very high which is not possible to fulfill."

When was your brother and sister-in-law got married ?

How many (any) child (ren) they have from this marriage ?

What is the reason / cause of residing separate by the couple ?

Why and where did she file case u/s 12 of PWDV Act, 2005 ? 

What are the relief (s) claimed by your sister in-law ?

Whether she has claimed maintenance ?

Numerous other facts are missing from facts posted by you.

What is the opinion and advise of the lawyer engaged / paid by your brother ?

You have mentioned various questions in the facts posted for and on behalf of your brother, which is not your concern /problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register