Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hardik   14 October 2023

Does having a khata mean that layout is approved?

We are planning to buy a property (agricultural land). It has A khata. The entire land under single survey number is plotted into sub-lands and sold to different buyers. We are buying one plot of 4000 sq feet.

I wanted to know since seller has A khata under his name, does that mean that it is in an approved layout?

Note: This comes under gram  panchayat and survey number has around 5-8 acres of land in total. We are just buying 4000 sq feet in that layout.

Learning

2 Replies

Akhilesh Jamdar (Advocate)     20 October 2023

A-Khata signifies that the property has complied with all legal regulations and approvals. But you should hire a lawyer to conduct a full title search on the property as the Khata does not clarify if there are any other legal defects or encumbrances on the property.

Hardik   23 October 2023

Thanks for the clarification. This is where I had some doubts.

Basically it is a revenue site and original owner has created unofficial layout and sold it to multiple people.

Surprisingly, owners have built house in that agricultural plot and have also received E-Khata (A). I was wondering how is this possible since building big house in revenue site is not allowed + layout is not approved.

RTC still has original land owners name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register