Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

John Miller (Business Strategist)     28 April 2021

Do i need to register my service-oriented website?

Do I need to register my service-oriented website as a sole proprietorship in India?

Learning

2 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     28 April 2021

If you want  you can register better to consult pattern/ trademark expert advocate in your local state and get clarity

LegalWizin (Online Legal Service)     29 April 2021

There is no such separate registration process and rules given under any act for Sole Proprietorship Firm in India. However, there are few mandates given under other Acts or Law in India which requires the registration of the Business. As you have a website where we suppose that you are doing an online business, GST Registration is compulsory for the business, which can be easily obtained in the name of the Sole Proprietorship Firm.

In case, you do not fall under the provisions of compulsory registration under GST, you may register the business under MSME Act (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprise). Also, there are various State level registrations like Shop & Establishment, Professional Tax etc. for setting up a Sole Proprietorship Firm. The registration requirement depends on the concerned State Law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register