Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Danish Humayun   25 April 2019

Dln notice from bank

Hi All,

I've received this email from my bank and I've not been responding to their calls and have not met them since a long time. I've not paid the loan minimum amount also since a long time. I want to know if this email is true and can I be punished under section 420 and 406 of IPC. Please help.

The email is as follow;

Sir/Madam,

I on behalf of and under instructions from our client HDFC Bank Ltd., having office Gillender House, 1st floor, 8 N S Road, Kolkata 700001, do hereby issue the following notice to you:-

1.  Our client states that you had approached them for availing a Credit Card and in pursuance of the same and based on the details furnished in the credit card application and the documents furnished in support thereof, you were issued a Credit Card vide No. 481508XXXXXX5378 (AAN# 0001011430004165571) .

2. Our client states that you had availed the credit card facility and utilized the Credit Card for your benefit; however it is noted that despite purchases/cash withdrawals at various places using the credit card, you have failed to make payment towards the credit card dues.

3. Our client states that you after having utilized the credit card and having understood the terms & conditions governing such usage have continued to act in negligence by being irregular in remitting the card dues and have not even paid the minimum amount due.

4. Our client submits that they had on several occasions attempted to contact you and remind you of your credit card outstanding and the payment due dates, thereby to regularize your card account. It is noted that you did not intend to co-operate with our client but refrained from attending our client’s calls and further refused to meet up with our client.

5. Our client states that the total amount outstanding in your credit card account above mentioned is Rs.87012.1/- as on date.

6. Our client states that you have willfully defaulted in making payments towards the transactions entered by you and have demonstrated an intention to defraud and cheat our client which is evident from your above conduct. You are also fully aware of the fact that our client has been put to loss towards the transactions made by you by utilizing the credit card. You have thereby caused a wrongful loss to our client and your act amounts to Cheating as contemplated under Sec.420 of IPC and Criminal Breach of Trust, punishable under Sec.406 of the Indian Penal Code.

Therefore, We on behalf of our client hereby call upon you forthwith to pay the credit card outstanding dues of Rs.87012.1/-, to our client immediately from the date of receipt of this notice failing which our client would be constrained to initiate appropriate legal proceedings against you without further reminder to you. Please be informed that such legal proceedings would necessarily contem­plate, civil proceedings for recovery of money, together with proceedings for attachment of your movable and immovable properties, direction to provide appropriate guarantee/surety/security, filing for insolvency etc., as deemed applicable and necessary, and/or criminal prosecution for breach of trust, fraud and cheating, as deemed applicable and necessary at your costs and risks.

In case, if you fail to respond to this notice, our client is further constrained to share your credit account details including your payment pattern and overdue status with CIBIL (Credit Information Bureau of India Ltd.), a repository database set up by the Reserve Bank of India.

In the event you seek any clarifications or you intend for an amicable settlement, you may contact our client’s officer.

Officer   :  TARUN MAL on 8961756399

For any further clarification you are requested to contact this no- 033-44080421 and also at our email-id

EmailReplyLeagal.DebtManagement@hdfcbank.com

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 April 2019

You can get this confirmed by contacting them in person or making a toll free call number.

You are aware of the seriousness of the situation and it is neither your money nor bank's coffer and being a responsible citizen you are bound to repay the amount availed as credit card and once you have breached the term, it is deemed that you have cheated the bank.  There was no response or reasons stated by you expressing your inability to repay the amount, and you have enjoyed the amount as though it was charity from the bank. and now solicits guidance after receiving such demand notice.  You can not escape the liability and do not spoil your CIBIL rating and you are doomed once your rating fails, as you can not raise any finance from any source with such branding.  Think of long term advantages of being a faithful client of a bank.

Nikita Parekh   27 April 2019

Have you send a reply to this notice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register