LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rhea   04 August 2020

Divorce without settlement

Hello, I am here again seeking advice. I had filed for divorce under HMA section 13 (i) on grounds of mental cruelty as suggested by my lawyer. we had mentioned the marriage expenses, my belongings etc in the petition. Judge has granted divorce on grounds on mental cruelty and reimbursement of litigation charges of very minimal amount and said there is lack of evidence. I have spent 10 times of that amount on lawyer fees and the process.  My lawyer suggested to file an appeal for which he needs more fees but he lacks commitment on outcome of this appeal. I paid to the lawyer, I roamed in courts and the respondent got free of any charges and punishment. I had complained in mahila aayog they referred the case to police but police dint file a complaint. I consulted with other lawyer he is suggesting to file a new case for maintenance. I am working so I am doubtful. Now that guy has remarried during lockdown and after the judgement. Is there anything I can do leagally to recover the financial loss.

Learning

3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   04 August 2020

The only remedy is to appeal.

{Balu manikantan} SUBRAMANYAM (Practising Advocate)     04 August 2020

You have mentioned only about your sec 13 (1) petition order and but didi not mention  under what provisions the maintenance was claimed  by you and whether any permanent alimony has been granted by the court. also on what grounds you want to prefer an appeal.

Daisy Conrad   06 August 2020

Once again, I'm convinced that my husband and I did the right thing when we file for divorce in Texas through an online service. Thus, we managed to save money, and we could afford to pay for the services of a psychotherapist.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register