Upgrad LLM

divorce procedure

i am married for one month.my husband and i have no physical relationship.He is not interested in that.. I am suffering domestic violence. I want to cancel this marriage. we don't have registered our marriage yet. please guide me.

dear priyanka

both are interested to cancel the marriage ?. if yes you can file a mutual consent petition .

if no .you can file div case in your jurusdiction .

You can file Divorce Petition U/S-13(B) where both are agree to live separately.Otherwise you can file Domestic Voilance (D.V) case against her husband and inlaws.

You cannot seek divorce from him within one year from the date of marriage whether it is  registered or not.

For mutual consent divorce you both should have lived separately away from each other at least for a period of one year preceding the date of filing the divorce petition  before court.

There is no restriction n yo to live with him against his tortures and acts of cruelties, you may choose to live separately away from him till such time you become eligible for filing contested divorce case on the grounds of cruelty.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x