LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Engineer)     30 June 2011

Divorce/Marriage Problems

I got married in November 2011. After that my wife is always creating problems. Ist she started accusing me and later my parents & all. She started cutting her hand & eating high dose of dangerous pills. Then she called her brother and left our home. Lastly she left our home without informing anyone. We searched for her for about 2 days, even her relatives/parents were not too much worried instead they were creating pressure on us bluntly, then we lodged missing FIR, her father & brother were called, next morning she was found in her maternal uncles home, as declared by her father on phone to the police station.

We all found that all such issues were created with utmost planning, because in all cases we find that her mother & brother knew before hand was going to happen, like when she cut her hand they came to our house crying, we knew nothing & even I had talked on hone to her from my office.

Now after finding her back her family simply asked for divorce & a huge amount of money. iam not understanding their intentions, always we have forgiven her 7 still thought of this, but this divorce & money issue is beyond our imagination. Please guide us how to overcome this problem. They are also threating to file cruelty case & 498 etc. it is almost 2 months she left our house we are trying to contact them but they say 1st money. Please guide how to get out of this or atleast how to keep my aged parents & other family members out of this. What preventive actions should be taken. Should we consider still forgiving her or trusting her, this is the 5th time or so in tha 4 months she lived with me in our house.

Please guide...

Learning

6 Replies

Ambika Prasad Mishra (Lawyer)     01 July 2011

Lodge a complaint before the Women's Commission as soon as possible narrating all these events. In the event she moves to police station to lodge FIR, this would help you in obtaining Anticipatory bail. If you wish to divorce her, then consult a good lawyer a file a case for divorce as soon as possible. You might be required by the court to provide her with maintainance, but the amount would not be big one because she has left home on her own volition.

(Guest)

Hi Rahul,

I am not a lawyer... but I know few things.

You must not give a single rupees to her until you get divorce coz She has deserted you

Dont ever think to bring her back. Just have some patience and courage.

They will ask for divorce as if you will not go to bring her back again. They will loose the patience.

You just need to fight the case and for that you have to hire a good lawyer. 

But I suggest, you dont file the case. Just keeep quite, wait and watch.

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     01 July 2011

@Rohit

You shoudl not sit quietly. You should be on your toes in collecting evidences. Like you already mentioned, that they are demanding money and the girl cut her hand by herself, it shows they had a plan which they executed brilliantly.

You shoudl collect every piece of evidence like voice recording, video recording, medical certificates or whatever would go to show your innocense and/or their greed.

There is no need for a lawyer as of now though it is expedient thast you search and engage him/her. This would ensure that as soon as you have any formal case in court you can directly approach the lawyer and let him take the proceedings. Before that just keep search and keep his number in your pocket.

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     01 July 2011

It is better to kep silence for some time and then seriously try try to settle the matter amicably with the intervention of some respectables and relatives. It is not good to accept illogical and illegal demands of money rather get such conversations taped/recorded so that these may be used against them at all available platforms at approriate time.

(Guest)

first video monitor your home

forget her treat her as dead

move on life is long survival

all is not well... hole...

(Guest)

Dear Sir,

Kindly file a petition / suit for judicial separation against your wife on the ground of mental cruelty right now so that you will be able to save yourself and your family members from the criminal cases likely to be initiated at the instance of your wife now or later.

With Best Regards,

S.Jeevagan, M.A.,LL.B.,LL.M.,

Advocate & Legal Consultant,

Madurai, Tamilnadu.

www.jeevaganadvocate.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register