Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GK sokhi videos   28 January 2020

Divorce Issue

I am 34 year old male. my wife and I are living seperatly for last 4 years. she has filed 3 NC against me and my family for domestic voilence. we are not in touch after the third NC. SHE is a teacher in a govt school and earning 35 k per month. I recetly contacted her for divorce she demanded a room/chawl room in a particular location which i agreed but once the money got transferred she asked to get the search papers of the property. So i proposed to take a property were this papers were readily available but she refused. she is not ready to even sign in divorce petition. My lawyer suggested to file a petition directly in court and to fight the case.. please suggest....


 11 Replies

Sri Ganeshrao   28 January 2020

if you really have time and patience file a case, else convence your wife sign a divorce paper

GK sokhi videos   28 January 2020

her demand is huge and currently i dont hv job to fulfill her demand. i can only give her one lac

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 January 2020

why you transferred amount without any signed agreement. Now try to motivate her for a mutual divorce or file for devorce petition,may be she will come to senses...

1 Like

GK sokhi videos   28 January 2020

yes i have now changed my lawyer he is telling me to file for divorce petition and if she s coming for settlement than we will talk ..juz wanted to confirm if i am doing right this time

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     28 January 2020

1. file the contested divorce petition on the ground of mental cruelty and separation,

Rupin Dhama   29 January 2020

File a recovery suit against her and file a divorce suit against her also you can file criminal suit against her breach of trust if you have evidence that she was agree to sign the divorce and after transfer of payment she denied.

For Free legal advice or more information or advice please contact us 9 to 6 on whatsapp 9999121211 or

GK sokhi videos   29 January 2020

yes i hav evidence dat after getting her house she will sign papers..but can you tell me if i put a divorce petition in court how much time it will take

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     29 January 2020

It takes a lot of time,if she contested seriously the case it can take years...only mutual divorce is settled at the earliest.

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     29 January 2020

If any divorce petition is pending before any court of law tahn immediatly move an application of Section 21B in same court for speedy disposabale of the case and if not than file an dicorce petition alsong with the application under section 21(B) of HMA.

"Section 21B(2) in The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. (2) Every petition under this Act shall be tried as expeditiously as possible and endeavour shall be made to conclude the trial within six months from the date of service of notice of the petition on the respondent.



Jaspal S Maini (Adv)



GK sokhi videos   29 January 2020

My lawyer is filing a divorce petition also an RTI so dat we can prove dat she is working. Hope this will ease the alimony.

pankaj verma   30 January 2020

if u hav no earning source the filed the petition for maintenance...from her....then she will think about devorce ... mutual will be better..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query