Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rohit verma (engg)     08 March 2010

divorce information

Dear Sir/Mam,

I am Raman Sehgal. I am  working in Gurgaon. I need your help. I got married with my wife in 9th april,2009 in Arya Samaj Mandir. But My wifes parents are not agree with our marriage. They have not even told their relatives that their daughter has got married. basically  her parents are from Jharkhand. we are working in delhi. even we got married in delhi. now after 1 year her mother starts talking to her. they told her many times to live your husband and come back. they are saying her we will marry you again here in their own religion. recently i had a small fight with my wife. she left the house and her parents stand with her. they want me to give her divorce. even now my wife is with them because they are giving wrong perception to her of me. they want me to go to again arya samaj mandir and pandit told them that they will seal the document. i want to ask u few questions.

1. is i can take divorce from arya samaj mandir or it can only be done in court.

2. i told my all relatives and her father is only doing this for castism but spoiling mine or her own daughter life which i dont want.

3. tell me what should i dooo..

plzzzzz help me??

Learning

8 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     09 March 2010

No.  You cannot get a divorce from Arya Samaj.  You have to approach the court only.  If you feel your life is getting spoiled... and since the girl's side is ready for divorce.. go ahead for a mutual divorce - Most of the laws are in favour of girl.. so before you get into trouble, get out of marriage and save your life from getting further spoiled.

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     09 March 2010

Even if you apply for mutual divorce, you will have clear 6 months time before granting of divorce by the court - If your wife realize the value of marriage she may reconcile with you during this period and the court will be only happy to let you both continue the marriage.

rohit verma (engg)     09 March 2010

thanks gundlapallis.

I had a meeting with her father few days back. her father told me about getting divorce by the arya samaj mandir by sealing the document. which i think is only a fake divorce so i suggest them to take a permanent divorce from court. i told them to go for a mutual divorce. they want me to do the same. i said as you want divorce you bring divorce papers i will sign it.

kindly tell me the procedure for mutual divorce

suggest me for the best way.

thanks & Regard's,

Jatin Sapra 9312223345,Delhi (Advocate)     09 March 2010

Hi,

Mr. Sehgal,

As u r already been suggested to take Mutual divorce it can be taken only after 1 year of marriage and now a days it take more then 6 months to get both motions done and decreed.

So do as suggested by other member ur options for taking legal advice are always open.

Bharti.... (Office Assistant)     14 April 2010

is ti compulsory to hv marraige certificate to take divorce ??????????

Bharti.... (Office Assistant)     14 April 2010

i & my husband want to take  mutual divorce as fast as possible. plz help me

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     14 April 2010

'Marriage certificate' is not necessary in your case.  You both can file a joint petition for grant of mutual consent  divorce and as proof of your marriage either of you can produce even a smallest piece of evidence- even a photo will be enough.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register