IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HT (BUSINESS)     13 February 2023

Divorce family court


There have been a divorce between my brother and her wife from family court and lower court under mutual understanding, my brother still used to talk to her very rarely normally, now she has changed her mind and blackmailing my brother that she will get the divorce cancelled in high court claiming that he did fraud to her to obtain her divorce and cheated, she came along  to my brothers family house and threatened that if my brother doesn't talk or meet her bad things will happen along with her sister who also threatened , my brother is overseas when she came to her house of my brother she threatened that she will not go from the house and kill herself if my brother doesn't come in 2 hours , finally my brother talked to her on phone and told her why you are troubling my family when we have mutually divorced and after that she and her sister threatened us that if both family don't meet within 2 months bad things will happen, finally we bought her plane ticket for Delhi she didn't even have money to buy plane ticket and also gave her Rs.2000 then she went, she herself is non practicing lawyer, there were 8 months together after which they divorced mutually.
they were in Dubai first  4/5 months of their time together, after which they came to delhi and mutually filed for divorce , there were several reasons for divorce she was too dominating not allowing my brother to meet any of his friends alone , she was a chain smoker, she always demanded money for herself and her sisters and their family, she was also involved in adultery as my brother discovered few pictures of her with guy and during their stay in delhi this guy used to visit here even after marriage, she was staying along with her sister in that flat and her sister was also in a live in relationship with a guy.

Now my question
1.How can we prevent or defend our case is she does go to court and challenge the family court judgment Like KVS Filing or any other application which will allow our lawyer to get informed as soon as she files a cancellation or review of case.
2.Is there any No Show notice be obtained against her and her family members or relative so that they cannot show up at my brothers house or call or threatened any of our family members, and if she does she can be locked up for threatening the family.

3.One thing they met in March last year and got married in April next month which was, both the family seen each other on the day of marriage.




 5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 February 2023

Too long a story.

Be brief and specific qua facts vis-a-vis query.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     14 February 2023

Since she is divorced she has no rights except  of those given to her by the court while granting divorce. She is just emotionally blackmailing you, that is harassment and black mail, just file a police complaint she has no rights like that,, If she was not happy with divorce she was supposed to file appeal challenging divorce and even the appeal period is over. You brother can marry again and move on.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 February 2023

You have not at all indicated how oldis divorce.


you also not indicated what is her mental status.


you did not indicate whether your family called police when she came threatening.

acquire Supreme   15 February 2023

This story is so long. I don't understand.

Drift Hunters


HT (BUSINESS)     16 February 2023

Hello Sir,


I am attaching the file of Divorce which has all the details.

Kindly let me know the following

1.Can it be challenged in High Court if yes on what basis what kinds of allegation can she make

2.How can we defend or keep us informed in case it is challenged like KVS

3.What can we do to prevent her or any of her family members from coming to family house again.



Attached File : 928114 20230216004333 all in one.pdf downloaded: 11 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query