LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

akilabalaji@gmail.com (akilabalaji@gmail.com)     19 July 2011

Divorce Case in Court

My husband has filed divorce case against me. I heard from one of his friends that he is planning to leave abroad. Is this possible when the case is still going.

I have 2 young daughters and worried about their future. I have file restution petition.

Learning

7 Replies

Samir Jha (Advocate)     19 July 2011

Dear Balaji, Divorce case is a civil dispute and hence it allows your husband to leave the country. However, he is required to be present at the time of rendering his evidence in order to succeed in divorce peititon. The court can grant him couple of oppurtunities but after that normally the court close the evidence of petitioner and will move ahead with recording your evidnece. In the absence of his evidence, there is high probibiltiy of you winning both the cases. It is also most appropriate for you to file a maintaence case against him before he leavas.

Ms Liberal (others)     19 July 2011

if restitution is allowed then you can join your husband residence Whether his trip is official or wants to permanent setle there??

Ravinder Kumar (Account Director)     19 July 2011

@ Owner: What reason your husband mentioned for divorce without that it would be difficult to comment...Good you filed for RCR as Ms. Liberal too mentioned...

Help_urgent (Engineer )     20 July 2011

hello , Please help me ......I m totally Devastated .I got married in 2006 and was very happy with my husband ,after 6 months my mother in law started giving me mental trauma so I discussed this with my husband and we started living in different apartment and my husband visited his mom frequently everything was going fine  after that . One Day   my husband got the work permit in singapore and we both transferrred there  and we were enjoying our married life . I visited India in 2010 to attend my brother's Engagment in oct and after that my husband told me that he will come to take me from India but he didn't come and after 2 moths he gave me divorce notice . He lives in Singapore with my mother is law . I don't know wht to do . How I can protect my marriage .

(Guest)

Sneha post your query in expert section(family law ) also.

Don't write in this thread,as this is meant for some other purpose.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     20 July 2011

Dear Akila,

Your husand can left India during divorce petition. But there are other ways to stop him.

Consult your local advocate and he will guide you to stop him.

DVA is also best.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     20 July 2011

Respected Sneha (Help Urgent)

First of all what u did is totally wrong. Coz if you respect your mother-in-law only then your husband can respect you and live with you. So think about it and change your view toward your mom. Usually mother in law did not set thier mind for long time coz they thing that wife had snatched their son so they reomove thier frustration on thier daughter in law. So dont worry be cool and patience.

On other hand u have to file section 9 (restitution of conjugal rights) to get her back. Dont worry.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register