LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish kumar   26 February 2022

Divorce case


My wife left my house after one and half month of marriage and after that I filled a divorce case which is going for last 2 years.

Now she has got serious illness, her family members are asking to take her away.

What should I do?



 9 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   26 February 2022

What you want it does matters for more clarification you may contact us then I'll elaborate properly.

Ashish kumar   26 February 2022

Hi Anubhav,


Actually she is not ready to have wife and husband relationship and we aren't in contact for last 2 years. I want divorce from her and case is going on but this new angle has come she is I'll.

anubhav Bhatt   26 February 2022

Then wait she must filed the details of illnesses.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 February 2022

THE facts are confusing, the wife is not staying with her husband for the last 2 years and there is no relationship for two years, and why her family members ask her husband to move her because she is said to be facing serious health problems.   It is the wife's wish to go to any place she likes for better care and treatment.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 February 2022

The facts posted are disjointed and half baked!

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 February 2022

If she is not interested in having any physcial relation with you (as husband wife) you cannot compel her.

When she has left her matrimonial home 1 and half month after marriage where the marriage remained incomplete because you did not have any physical relationship (as stated by you) and staying away for the last 2 years, you should move a petition for annulment (instead of divorce) of marriage.  Some one has given you wrong advise to move for divorce, consult and appoint another local prudent lawyer.

Presumbaly you must have discussed with her parents and other elders in both families regarding having NO relationship ie., non-consumation of marriage, isn't so ?

What type of emotions are attached among both of you where you should / may consider to bring her back to stay with you when she is stated to have fallen sick ? Answer to the question is big NO. 

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     27 February 2022

Dear Querist

Your divorce case and her present ailment does not have any connection.

It is your decision whether to take her back home and withdraw your divorce case OR to continue to proceed your divorce case on merits.

No legal opinion is required until and unless some other connected cases are there as may be filed upon you by your wife.

Mohit Chahal
District & Sessions Court, Hisar
Phone No. 9968911099


Joint Secretary   01 March 2022

Dear Querist

Firstly you decide , what you want to do,
if you want to live your wife in present situation, then withdraw your divorce case, and if you want to take advantage her illness so fike a petition before high court for expedite you diveroce case.

Vivek Kumar Singh
District , Family & High Court Lucknow
Phone No. 9889166094

being moral   17 April 2022

Pray to God in your favour whichever is best you think for. If it works. Court hardly helps in india for husband neither society at large.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query